April 13, 2020. Featured on PowerPulse.net.
The KIT_AURIX_TC21_SC wireless power transmitter evaluation module from Infineon Technologies is a high-performance, easy-to-use development system for the design of automotive in-cabin wireless charging solutions.
The KIT_AURIX_TC21_SC wireless power transmitter evaluation module from Infineon Technologies is a high-performance, easy-to-use development system for the design of automotive in-cabin wireless charging solutions. The system supports all the basic functions of a Qi-compliant, wireless charger for automotive applications.
The three-coil transmitter provides the designer a certified platform that drastically reduces the development time of their end application. The system supports WPC v1.2.4 receivers up to 15W, as well as all legacy Qi certified receivers. Smartphones with proprietary fast charge capability are also supported.
Additional features and future standards changes can be supported by the easy-to-upgrade software. The KIT_AURIX_TC21_SC wireless power transmitter evaluation module was developed in cooperation with Spark Connected.
- WPC Qi v1.2.4 certified
- CISPR-25 Class 4 certified
- Supports full 15W charging
- Support fast charging enabled devices (7.5W and 9W)
- Unique power drive architecture minimizes EMI
- Improved accuracy Foreign Object Detection (FOD)
- Full power with a 6 -19V input supply, supporting vehicle stop/start
- Fixed frequency architecture meets strict automotive requirements
- Supports future products and standards with a firmware upgrade
- Single Infineon AURIX™ Controller
- Built-in CAN interface for integration into communication infrastructure
- AUTOSAR support
- Built-in security functionality
- NFC radio interface for additional functionality and safety features
- Future: Qi v1.3 including Authentication
- Optional active thermal management, system monitoring and charge-rate foldback
- Full power 15 W without exotic thermal management
- Supports custom charging profiles and industry standards on the same hardware
- Supports custom coils, and greater than three coils
- Foreign Object Detection (FOD) with improved accuracy quality-factor monitoring
- Achieves charging rates equivalent to wired charging
- Foreign object detection capability can be extended beyond existing standards to improve detection
The KIT_AURIX_TC21_SC wireless power transmitter evaluation module.
About Spark Connected
Spark Connected | powering the world, wirelessly
Spark connected is an industry leader specializing in multiple advanced and safe wireless power technologies that benefits a wide variety of applications in the Automotive, Industrial, Infrastructure, Medical, Telecom and Security, Robotics, Factory Automation, IOT, Smart Home, and Consumer markets.
Spark is transforming wireless power delivery and intelligent battery charging with innovative platforms, disruptive technology and breakthrough products enabling an enhanced user experience for all. The company specializes in Product Development and Engineering Solutions with a team of passionate innovators with decades of combined deep domain expertise.
Spark Connected is a Full Member of the Wireless Power Consortium.
Please forward inquiries to:
Marina Wolf/Ruwanga Dassanayake
About Infineon Technologies AG
Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. In the 2019 fiscal year (ending 30 September), the company reported sales of around €8 billion with about 41,400 employees worldwide. Infineon is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: IFX) and in the USA on the over-the-counter market OTCQX International Premier (ticker symbol: IFNNY). Please visit Infineon more information.